Re: gEDA-user: strange build failure

[snip]
>gschem and gnetlist -- should just work under cygwin.  If not it should
>be pretty easy I'd guess.  In terms of a non-cygwin windows version I

	gEDA/gaf just works under cygwin thanks to a few dedicated
individuals.

>suspect it is basically not hard.... except for guile.  There I just

	The mingw version works under Windows as well using the native
gtk+ libraries.  I even got the guile part under control after spending
some time debugging various quirky behaviors.  Mind you, mingw gEDA/gaf
isn't trivial to build, but it's quite doable if you are willing to
spend the time.

[snip]
>is the bulk of the work.  Even if you ship a mingw bash shell, it won't
>look and feel like a gui point and click tool.

	Yup.  This is my main objection to a Windows "point and click"
type installer.  All of these tools are NOT Windows programs.  They
do not play nice on Windows.  I don't want negative perceptions of the
gEDA suite to be formed based by users who don't realize the history of
the software.

								-Ales