Re: gEDA-user: strange build failure

On Dec 5, 2006, at 3:31 PM, Dan McMahill wrote:

Mike Hansen wrote:

You can also install cygwin under windows and install gEDA under cygwin. I believe there are a multitude of problems with this arrangement so you will have to check docs.

I could be wrong but I thought things mostly worked there now.

This is where this thread started! The problem with the version of guile (1.8.1-3) that's offered by Cygwin has a hardcoded path that breaks the build. Apparently, there's a later version (1.8.1-4) fetch-able via cygwin setup from http://lilypond.org/ but the cygwin setup craps out when downloading. I tried building guile from the cygwin source but there was another dependency complaint. So there's something strange going on tonight, something's going on that's not quite right, and I've wasted enough time with it so I'll just happily use the OS X port and move forward.

-a