Re: gEDA-user: Re: hierarchy of schematics

On 12/19/06, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:09:05 -0500, John Luciani wrote:

>> It would be very useful to have the subsheet symbol generated by some kind
>> of script. Has anybody done this before?
>
> My sch-matrix script (http://www.luciani.org/geda/util/matrix.html) creates
> copies of a schematic with updated refdes's.

Maybe I am missing something, but the task is not to produce copies but
create a simplified symbol from a schematic. The symbol should be a
generic rectangle with all the ports of the schematic as pins. Ideally
power symbols would also be included as pins -- ok, I stop dreaming ;-)

More likely my mistake.

I quickly read the thread and saw

 > If you have a circuit with 10 identical circuit blocks

and then

 > I need to manually create and rename pins for every port

and then

 > some kind of script

and I thought of my *-matrix scripts. The copies are identical
except for the redes's (and the component positions in the matrix).
The netnames (or port pins) could also be updated.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org