Re: gEDA-user: Re: hierarchy of schematics

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
 The symbol should be a
generic rectangle with all the ports of the schematic as pins. Ideally
power symbols would also be included as pins -- ok, I stop dreaming ;-)

This is something valuable that is available in chip design software by Cadence and Mentor, and is very helpful for FPGA work and even for some board layouts.
We need to dream one up, a gschem schematic to sub-schematic-symbol genreating script, that is....

John G