gEDA-user: [PCB] DRC - why is it modal?

Is there a reason why PCB's DRC pops a modal dialog for every violation
and refuses to move forward?  That is... ummm.... tedious...

Would it be difficult to re-engineer DRC to operate in a batch mode?

What I would like to see is a new DRC reports window that all of the
violations are posted to as a single batch run.  Then, I would click on
each violation to move the cross hair and flag the violation on the
board.  That would be a good time to report additional information, such
as the nets involved, etc.

-dave

(I recall some time in the 1980's when I was a CPU designer at Univac.
(100K ECL if you're curious.) We had a laser printer that was 5 feet
tall and 8 feet long excluding the burster/trimmer/stacker.  It would
drain a box of computer paper in 3 minutes.  Print jobs that generated
more than about 3 inch thick printouts were automatically diverted
there.  Smaller jobs were sent to ordinary line printers, since it was
hard on the laser printer's clutches to start and stop a lot.

The first time I ran the timing analyzer I remember sitting in my cube
speculating whether my timing analysis report would be so awful that it
would be diverted to the laser printer.  That was the day I discovered
the existence of a third printer device: the microfiche printer.)