Re: gEDA-user: gschem, howto prevent generation of .sch~ backup files?

Dave N6NZ said the following on 11/29/2007 06:56 PM:

>> It may be possible to add an option not to make them though -- please file a
>> feature request.
> The OP suggested eliminating them.  But while I agree with the OP that
> they are obnoxious, I agree with you that they should exist.  I will
> file a feature request to make them unobstrusive.
>
> -dave

Emacs and XEmacs allow one to specify where the backup files go. I think
a good place for backup files is ~/tmp (a directory in my home
directory). This directory will survive reboots unlike /tmp which for
many people gets cleared during boot as other people have mentioned.

--Nathan