Re: gEDA-user: anyone has had success with 0.2mm?

DJ Delorie escreveu:
>> The hardest part is the 0.3mm vias in a drill press with no
>> alignment aids.
>
> http://www.delorie.com/pcb/dremel-stand/
>
> although the dremel shaft itself has about 6 mil of play in it.  I've
> tweaked the drill helper checkbox of the PS exporter to be more
> suitable for this particular use; in addition, using a pushpin or
> other sharp metal object, you can pre-poke the right spot and the
> dremel will wander into it when you drill.
>
> I can reliably drill 13.5 mil vias with a 9 mil annulus.

I used another trick (some... time ago): make your copper with a hole,
that is, so thet the pad or via is a ring and it will "guide" the drill
to the center automaticaly. It is like having a "pre-poke" !!!

At the time I remember that the best results were achieved with the hole
in the center of the pad half the size of the drill. I could accuratly
use a 0.7mm drill with a shaft that had a few milimiters play in it!

Alain