gEDA-user: gerbv - not reading format

Here are some quick notes that I found from looking up the gerber spec (RS274X_revD).

-End every data block with an end-of-block character, typically '*'.  (I do not know how you would change it)
-Do not break a line within a block
from the parameter guidelines
-Parameters (things between "%") may be entered singly or grouped between delimiter, up to maximum of 4096 characters between  delimiters.  A maximum of 80 characters between delimiters is recommended.

It seems that line breaks are allowed between parameters

I don't remember any thing right off from the gerber spec. that allowed more than 4096 char.  However, I have not read it again lately.

Matthew