Re: gEDA-user: Heavy Symbols and such

Steve Meier wrote:
> I am becomming more and more a proponent of heavy symbols or even a data
> base then can generate heavy symbols. One of the really nice things
> about geda is its tollerent or flexible and that heavy symbols could
> easily be implemented. So the question is... is there enough support in
> the geda community to create a heavy symbol library?

what I put together was a short awk script and a text database.  The
database had 1 line per part.  Each line had a field specifying the part
type (npn vs pnp), the footprint, and the mapping from E, B, C to the
footprint pin.  The awk script read that and took a template npn and pnp
symbol and creates a bunch of heavy symbols that have the right pinout.

Works pretty well, its very easy to add more transistors, and it would
be easy enough to extend that idea to more than just bipolars.

-Dan