Re: gEDA-user: Heavy Symbols and such

Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 07:37 +0000, Peter TB Brett wrote:

> It wasn't obvious to me how / where you should configure gschem /
> libgeda to know that you want attributes attached to something with
> "device=resistor" to be validated against the E24 set, or the E12 set
> etc..

Well, for setting up default choices, I was thinking of something pretty
dumb and not to different from the way gschem attributes work now. For
instance:

example:

dropdown=footprint:0603.fp,0804.fp,1206.fp

So if the gschem attribute editor dialog sees a "dropdown" attribute, it
can associate a dropdown list with the named attribute, and of course
allow you to type in something different as well.  Also, I think this
allows backwards compatible symbols, since a symbol that contains a
"dropdown" attribute won't break anything in older revisions of gschem.
  Of course, you'd like multiple dropdown attributes and I don't know of
gschem is OK with multiple attributes of the same name.

Ummm... how this relates to validating against Exx set... I'm not sure
what you are referring to.  Maybe we are talking about different things.

-dave