Re: gEDA-user: pcb 20070912 and GTK trouble

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 07:13 +0100, Igor2 wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Dec 2007, Ben Jackson wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 05:53:38AM +0100, Igor2 wrote:
> >>
> >> I've spent a "few" hours debugging this. I've submitted a bugreport on sf
> >> (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1840422&group_id=73743&atid=538811)
> >> I've found that the bug is related to grid and grid snapping code and
> >> also depends on what's the grid offset compared to the drawing area
> >> is. Please see the comments in the bugreport.
> >
> >If you mean 'pcb-gtk-pan.patch' I just applied that and I can still
> >reproduce the jumping.  It might even be worse.  I set the grid to 100mil
> >and zoomed way in and it jumps every time I mouse out of the work area,
> >basically.  It's almost like an auto-scroll?
>
> Yes, it still jumps away - it just won't jump back. Jumping away is caused
> by one bug, jumping back is caused by another, the patch fixes the latter.
> I am not sure the patch does the proper thing, since I am no gtk expert
> (actually I hate to code any kind of GUI) - but at least here it fixed
> half of the problem.

I hope this bug-reporting and testing is all against the latest CVS
version.. as many of the bugs with GTK hid + 20070912 have been fixed
there.

I believe there may be one scrolling related bug which I wrote a patch
for, and Dan has... but we hadn't yet worked out whether it was the
correct fix.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton