Re: gEDA-user: pcb 20070912 and GTK trouble

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007, Ben Jackson wrote:

>On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 05:53:38AM +0100, Igor2 wrote:
>>
>> I've spent a "few" hours debugging this. I've submitted a bugreport on sf
>> (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1840422&group_id=73743&atid=538811)
>> I've found that the bug is related to grid and grid snapping code and
>> also depends on what's the grid offset compared to the drawing area
>> is. Please see the comments in the bugreport.
>
>If you mean 'pcb-gtk-pan.patch' I just applied that and I can still
>reproduce the jumping.  It might even be worse.  I set the grid to 100mil
>and zoomed way in and it jumps every time I mouse out of the work area,
>basically.  It's almost like an auto-scroll?

Yes, it still jumps away - it just won't jump back. Jumping away is caused
by one bug, jumping back is caused by another, the patch fixes the latter.
I am not sure the patch does the proper thing, since I am no gtk expert
(actually I hate to code any kind of GUI) - but at least here it fixed
half of the problem.