Re: gEDA-user: pcb 20070912 and GTK trouble

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 05:53:38AM +0100, Igor2 wrote:

> I've spent a "few" hours debugging this. I've submitted a bugreport on sf
> (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1840422&group_id=73743&atid=538811)
> I've found that the bug is related to grid and grid snapping code and
> also depends on what's the grid offset compared to the drawing area
> is. Please see the comments in the bugreport.

If you mean 'pcb-gtk-pan.patch' I just applied that and I can still
reproduce the jumping.  It might even be worse.  I set the grid to 100mil
and zoomed way in and it jumps every time I mouse out of the work area,
basically.  It's almost like an auto-scroll?

Also, I get two new assertions at startup:

(pcb:24707): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_range_set_value: assertion `GTK_IS_RANGE (range)' failed

(pcb:24707): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_range_set_value: assertion `GTK_IS_RANGE (range)' failed

Actually last night I tried the gtk hid and I found much worse bugs than
this (eg spinning forever in menu callbacks) which made me think that the
GTK hid was not just a few bandaids away from usable.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>