Re: gEDA-user: cannot find xgsch2pcb

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 23:32 -0700, Nate Lowrie wrote:
> I am using Kubuntu Gutsy.  I have installed the gEDA packages.
> However, any cannot find xgsch2pcb anywhere.  It was in a bin path for
> bash and I couldn't find it in any of the gEDA directories.  I tried
> searching for it as a separate package but couldn't find anything.
> Can someone point me to the right direction?  Thanks.

xgsch2pcb isn't packaged for Gutsy.. its in the process of being
packaged for Debian testing, and should make it into Ubuntu Hardy.

This said.. I have made an unofficial Ubuntu package (a pre-release of
what will end up as 0.1.2), and I've uploaded it to:

http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/geda-xgsch2pcb_0.1.1.90-1_i386.deb

Its not quite the same package I used at CUED, as it basically
represents the latest development at:

http://git.gpleda.org/?p=xgsch2pcb.git;a=summary

You may want / need this package installed too, as this will give
xgsch2pcb a menu "Electronics" to put its icon in:

http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/electronics-menu_1.0-1_all.deb

(Otherwise xgsch2pcb may not appear in the menus).

PS. I expect the icon will change before the 0.1.2 release.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,