Re: gEDA-user: Math functions and PLI

Matt -

On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 10:43:38PM -0800, Larry Doolittle wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 06:19:38PM -0800, Matt Ettus wrote:
> >    http://www.chris.spear.net/pli/math.htm
> Unfortunately, when I go to use the result I still get the
> messages that Matt reports.  Steve, what am I missing?
> [patch to math.c]

Using that patch and the appended Makefile, I can get Icarus to at least
attempt to load the VPI module.  Now the problem is that Icarus (git as
of last week) does not support VPI routines of type 3 (userrealfunction).
See line 104 of libveriuser/veriusertfs.c , and the results of
  find verilog-0.9 -type f | xargs grep userrealfunction

The error messages from "vvp math.vvp" are:

veriusertfs: $exp, forcing forwref = true
veriusertfs: $exp, unsupported type 3
veriusertfs: $log, forcing forwref = true
veriusertfs: $log, unsupported type 3
veriusertfs: $log10, forcing forwref = true
veriusertfs: $log10, unsupported type 3
veriusertfs: $sin, forcing forwref = true
veriusertfs: $sin, unsupported type 3
veriusertfs: $sqrt, forcing forwref = true
veriusertfs: $sqrt, unsupported type 3
veriusertfs: $pow, forcing forwref = true
veriusertfs: $pow, unsupported type 3
$exp: This task not defined by any modules. I cannot compile it.
$log: This task not defined by any modules. I cannot compile it.
$log10: This task not defined by any modules. I cannot compile it.
$log10: This task not defined by any modules. I cannot compile it.
$sin: This task not defined by any modules. I cannot compile it.
$sqrt: This task not defined by any modules. I cannot compile it.
$pow: This task not defined by any modules. I cannot compile it.
math.vvp: Program not runnable, 7 errors.

   - Larry

run: math.vvp math.vpi
	vvp math.vvp

math.vpi: math.c