Re: gEDA-user: Shall we use letters (i.e. E, C, B ) for transsitor pin names?

I would like to add, that in all fairness to the todays techs (and
todays assembly shops). Parts have become so small that they no longer
have descriptions such as 74LX04 on them they often have cryptic package
codes of 2 or 3 letters and the silk screening of these codes can be so
bad you are left asking is that round circle a 0 or O 0r 8.

Add this too the idea of parts in bins getting mixed and you have sure
fire trouble. So keep the parts in the tubes and keep the tubes
correctly labled add the package code to the tube lable so that you can
identify a miss tubed part.

If you have an assembly shop that bothers to check the package code to
what you kitted then you have one more reason to keep using them.

Steve meier