gEDA-user: gnucap development snapshot 2007-12-16

There is a new development snapshot of gnucap available.

There's a package at:
http://www.gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2007-12-16.tar.gz

Models (optional) have also been updated:
http://www.gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2007-12-16-models-bsim.tar.gz
http://www.gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2007-12-16-models-ngspice17.tar.gz
http://www.gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2007-12-16-models-spice3f5.tar.gz

Another optional package contains some tools:
http://www.gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2007-12-16-tools.tar.gz

These packages are mirrored at:
http://geda.seul.org/dist/

This snapshot provides ..

1. Improvements to time step control.  The algorithm is the same
but more devices participate in it, including the sources and
functions associated with simple components.

2. "M" (multiplicity) works on all devices, including
subcircuits.

3. A minor change to the way the plugin packages unpack, so they
should build without further configuration if unpacked in the
same place as the main tarball.

As usual, to get started you need only the main package
gnucap-2007-12-16.tar.gz .  The other "models" packages contain
the exact models from the various sources.  If you need a jfet,
I recommend the one in "spice3f5".  If you need a BSIM model,
the obvious choice is the "bsim" package, which has all of
them.  The "ngspice17" package contains a few models not
available elsewhere, such as "vbic".

If you need others, let me know.  Others, such as Josephson
junction, are available, but I have not ported them yet.
Porting a Spice model usually requires two files, a "Makefile"
and a "wrapper.h", and no other changes.