Re: gEDA-user: Shall we use letters (i.e. E, C, B ) for transsitor pin names?

On Sunday 16 December 2007, Werner Hoch wrote:
> A TO-92 footprint can contain a bipolar transistor, thus the
> pin names would be B,C,E.

or E B C
or B E C
etc.

> If it's a FET the pin names should
> be G,S,D.

or G D S (sometimes arbitrarily)
or D S G
etc.

> For a 7805 voltage regultater it would be GND, Vin, Vout.

or Vin GND Vout.

For a real challenge, try dealing with this on a production
line, after getting substitute parts because the original is no
longer available.

It's especially challenging when someone in the stock room mixed
them in the same bin.