Re: gEDA-user: Parts DB API, GUI

Peter TB Brett wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 December 2007 23:22:49 Levente wrote:
>> I wanted to do that, but, to be honest, I have zero knowledge of gschem
>> internals. I've tried to figure things out, but failed.
>
> That's where I come in.
>
>> I think we should have in rc files specification to database server(s), and
>> a relative simple GUI to chouse components.
>
> I think that, eventually, we should have some loadable Scheme modules that
> provide convenient ways to specify database servers and schemas.  For the
> time being, however, I don't see any reason not to stick to using some sort
> of external helper programs for actually accessing the database, as long as
> we can get the UI and basic Scheme API nailed down.

Here are some GUI ideas, after reading the recent possibilities:
http://ecosensory.com/geda/dbattrib-mockup.png

dbattrib-mockup.svg schematic-dbattrib.gif etc are there, but don't show in my browsers
firefox or mozilla, so just in case you want to reuse them in inkscape.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1