Re: gEDA-user: Parts DB API

Peter TB Brett wrote:
we need to be back-compatible with all the heavy symbol libraries
> people currently have.
>
> (Or for that matter to use light symbols directly for documentation diagrams
> without needing to having to faff around with a database).
>
> That's not say that a specific database backend (even the *default* database
> backend bundled with gEDA, if you like) can't specify that, but I'm
> interested in what's going on at a level which is a step closer to the user
> than that.

The idea behind the sketch I posted sounds close to that...
a db attrib editor can choose from the group that is related,
but relating heavy list to light symbol is done in symbol view by a separate attrib.

John G

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1