Re: gEDA-user: Parts DB API

John Doty wrote:
wouldn't a project parts database be better? Use a
> light symbol, attach a single attribute identifying it to your parts
> database, and put the rest of the attributes there.
>
> That's what I think of as BOM-centric design.

I can imagine attribs at the gschem level and a bom with attribs
containing all that.  The database engine we attach to gschem could operate on it one part at
a time GUI style,
also gattrib could, also a BOM-centric database view could change both at once.

The  BOM-centric database view I am imagining could be an offshoot of the GUI part placer
symbol-heavying tool -- but operating on multiple parts at once.. that would replace gattrib's function.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX