Re: gEDA-user: Parts DB API

John Doty wrote:

> Consider that a design might contain a bunch of chips, each with a
> bypass capacitor. Now, for sanity, it makes a lot of sense to use the
> *same* bypass capacitor device throughout the design. However, what
> if you need to change it?

This would argue for being able to apply tags via attributes, so that
you could have a tag=bypass on every cap functioning as a bypass, and
then a "select * from bom,attr where bom.refdes=attr.refdes and
attr.name='tag' and attr.value='bypass';" or some such pulls the parts
in question.  (That SQL is guaranteed broken, but I hope you get the
idea...)

-dave