Re: gEDA-user: Parts DB API

Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 09:35 -0800, Dave N6NZ wrote:
>
>> And as to it being painful to go back and forth between gschem and
>> gattrib, why, by golly, you are right.  Except for the fact that it
>> currently happens to be a whole lot less painful than entering all your
>> attributes directly in gschem.
>
> If you have the latest gschem release, you will have a non-modal
> attribute editor which makes things faster. Still not gattrib fast of
> course, but less painful than before.

I'll have to try that.  In all honesty, between the three systems where
I have gschem installed, I've completely lost track of what version is
where and from whence it came....

> I'm not arguing to replace gattrib though. Ivan Stankovic is / was doing
> work on gattrib, so I'd expect to see some improvements there in due
> course.

Is there any barrier to integrating gattrib with gschem?  I think I'd be
happy with being able to pop up gattrib as a gigantic modal dialog.

-dave