Re: gEDA-user: youngest user?

Dave N6NZ wrote:
> My 8 year old daughter has been quizzing me about the PC boards I've
> been working on.  Anyway... she insisted that I show her how to make
> them.  So, earlier this week I walked her through the schematic entry
> and PCB layout for a switch+resistor+LED circuit which she understands.

Great, does she know Ohm's law yet? If I'd known it at 8 years old, it
would have avoided a lot of aspirin consumption were I grew up.

> She has great fun connecting the dots in PCB.  So much so that last
> night when I suggested that we spend the entire evening together
> building Lego trains, she said "No way!"  She insisted on doing a second
> circuit board. I just sent off the gerbers for both tonight.

Very cool.

> This is cutting into my Lego time :)

But hopefully not your CW practice, tell her ..-. -... -.-- .-.. for me.

> New slogan: "gEDA: An 8 year old can use it!"

.-. .-.

--
Darryl Gibson N2DIY
Ubuntu, free software for everybody. (TM)

"Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of arms is the
distinction of a free man from a slave."   --  Andrew Fletcher, A
Discourse of Government with relation to Militias (1698)