Re: gEDA-user: [pcb] "first board" docs

> Your tutorial looks very good indeed.

Thanks!

> FWIW, the boards I layout contain a bit more parts/footprints.

There are two more boards scheduled, with more parts each.  This one
was to get the user used to "draw line, move part" type operations.

> When routing these w/o netlist (and thus w/o ratlines) I name the parts
> with their refdes first and then route the necessary traces.

I can change that.  I think with three parts it doesn't matter, though ;-)

> When the number of pins on a part is large or the numbering scheme is
> confusing (example: DSUB connector), I use the pinout window.

I'll think about that for the second project, which includes an IC.

> Furthermore when I'm just a little bit certain a named part is in the
> *right* position I lock it.

I don't usually lock parts, unless they're coming from a template.
I.e. I have a template for the connectors for my USB board, so when I
start a new board I just copy it.  Those connectors are locked because
they have to match the old board.

What I often do (when using netlists) is shut off the silk layer.
That stops me from moving all elements, and gets the silk out of my
way.

Besides, if it's not *needed* for the simple board, I'd rather defer
it to a later project.