Re: gEDA-user: problems with PCB and large board

On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 22:40 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > I can load the netlist from the menu, but when I try to optimize,
> > the program bombs out with segmentation fault.
>
> Not surprising.  The optimizer can be somewhat fragile at times.  (The
> global puller is worse).

Now, did Gene mean "optimise" as in "Connects -> Optimise routed
tracks", or "Connects -> Optimise rats net" (as in "o" shortcut).

I read it as meaning the latter, at which point we really could do with
a gdb backtrace of the problem, or (ideally) a test schematic so we can
reproduce the problem here.

gdb --args pcb path_to_board.pcb

When it crashes, type "bt" (enter), and copy us the output.

Gene, you can send a test file to one or more the developers (Dan, DJ,
Ben, myself) privately, if you don't want to make it publicly available.

Another good test, is to run pcb under valgrind (slow), and send us the
output.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton