Re: gEDA-user: problems with PCB and large board

> Now, did Gene mean "optimise" as in "Connects -> Optimise routed
> tracks", or "Connects -> Optimise rats net" (as in "o" shortcut).

Oh, good catch.  I guess as the author of the other optimizer, I'm
biased ;-)

> I read it as meaning the latter, at which point we really could do with
> a gdb backtrace of the problem, or (ideally) a test schematic so we can
> reproduce the problem here.

Definitely.  The rats nest optimizer should never crash.

> Another good test, is to run pcb under valgrind (slow), and send us the
> output.

I have an even slower malloc checker I wrote myself that I can unleash
on it, but if it's already crashing, that may not be needed.