Re: gEDA-user: Problems with MOSFET symbols in PCB

Larry Battraw wrote:
>        ElementLine(  0  50  15  50 20)
>        ElementLine( 15  50  15 120 20)
>        ElementLine( 15 120   0 120 20)
>        ElementLine(  0 120   0 245 20)
>        Mark(200 800)
>    )-GDS(TO220-GDS,S2/Q8,IRFI640G) <<<<<<------ Problem here

Uh, I would just delete it and resave the footprint file.  This is
someone's 'heavy' footprint--something that I don't think makes sense
for transistors.

>    I don't know enough about PCB to see what's wrong with this line to
>    change it, all I know is if I remove it PCB is happy until it hits the

Open your pcb file in a text editor and find and replace that garbage
all at once.

I know it's probably not the best way to work, but I'm more in favor of
using symbols in gschem that have the internal pinouts (dgs, gds, ebc,
etc).  If you do this, there's no need to have any kind of GDS in the
footprint itself.

Sorry to hear you're running into snags.  Keep in touch.

Best, Phil