Re: gEDA-user: Random thoughts on the future interface of PCB

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:18 AM, Armin Faltl <armin.faltl@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Anthony Blake wrote:
>>
>> Yes, if you were having difficulty with the END_LOOP macro, I can
>> understand why you didn't venture any deeper into the code.
>>

> I had no difficulty finding or understanding the macro, but I have a huge
> problem
> to work on code, where others deliberately introduce stuff, that is a
> maintenance
> nightmare. There is a reason, the compiler disallows unmacht '{'  in one
> file.

Relax, the macros aren't part of an elaborate plan to *deliberately*
obfuscate the code. That file is over 15 years old.

I don't think a few 'maintenance nightmares' or matching '{' problems
are good reasons for giving up and just doing nothing instead. You
don't have to like the macros and so on to fix bugs, and IMO just
nutting up and dealing with the matching '{' issues etc is worth it to
nail a bug that may have been bothering you. Its better than doing
nothing or writing large parts of PCB from scratch.

Best wishes,
Anthony