Re: gEDA-user: Toporouter VERY slow?

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Steven Michalske <smichalske@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I look forward to your hard work, it is very impressive, and reminds
> me of the layouts from years ago, where they were taped out and
> pretty.  None of this manhattan grid.

Yeah, I love the curvilinear hand layouts in old hardware like the
early Cray supercomputers.

> I know that Adding via's are non trivial for an auto router,  with
> your topological auto router, will it use a via that I manually place?

Yes it will, as long as it is attached to a net.. so you can manually
fanout your pads and use the toporouter. Unfortunately using fanouts
from pads to vias increases the likelyhood of a curvilinear wiring
error, unless the stub's are totally straight. This is due to the bug
I've been working on and will soon release a patch for. In the mean
time, make sure those stubs are totally straight, otherwise the
curvilinear wiring will go weird on you.

Best wishes,
Anthony