Re: gEDA-user: Random thoughts on the future interface of PCB

Anthony Blake wrote:
> Stephen Ecob wrote:
> > 1. Would any of the existing maintainers be able to devote more time
> > to gEDA if they had financial support to do so ?
>
> I'm aiming to finish University in a few months..  if people would
> like to fund work on the toporouter, then I would be pretty keen to
> work on it full time.

Not wanting to put too much of a spanner in the works...

It would need to be thought out carefully - for example, I'm pretty sure
that in the UK, the sorts of sums of money that are being talked about
mean that HMRC would be interested for income tax / national insurance
purposes.  Whilst I'm not saying it couldn't be done, the overheads of
going self-employed (which is what this is) for a short period might
mean that the $15k (or whatever) ends up being significantly less in the
hands of the developer.

Of course, for a developer that's already self-employed...