Re: gEDA-user: Hierarchy Refdes and Component Values

Stefan Salewski wrote:

> Some people may read  "3R12" as 3.12 OHM, I have seen
> such notations somewhere, i.e. 4R7 for 4.7 Ohm.

People who know this notation tend to know that there is no
3.12 Ohm in any of the E series. In addition, pcb emits only
names or values but never both. So you know, you are looking
at the refdes printout -- not the value printout.
If it still feels too ambiguous, some separator character is
the only way out. In that case you have to live with longer
names.

--<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak