Re: gEDA-user: gEDA Wikibook ?

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 16:32 +0100, Stephan Boettcher wrote:

> Documentation of gEDA, including PCB is a huge mess,
> [...]

Indeed, I fully agree in my heart, but I have at least two good reasons
why I do not call it loud:

- It will discourage people to contribute
- I respect the people who wrote something
- I have done no contribution myself

And, there is at least some fine documentation, DJs beginner Tutorial!

Maybe one problem is, that most of the docs are owned by Ales, who has
retired long time ago.

Maybe a new platform with free access would be fine?

Personally I do not think that different people can contribute really
high quality documentation at all -- stupid people will contribute silly
stuff, verbosity and redundancy may occur, outdated stuff will persist.

But on the other hand, it is clear that a single person or small group
can not do the large effort to write high quality gEDA/PCB
documentation.