Re: gEDA-user: get-package-attribute sometimes returns "?" - ID: 3114991

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 14:05 -0800, Colin D Bennett wrote:

> I haven't nailed down what it is that bothers me, but I have recently
> made my own versions of capacitors, resistor, diodes, and LED symbols
> that are more _compact_ than the gschem stock library versions.

One point which confuse me still, is why line width of many symbols
shipped with gEDA is 0. Is that really a good solution? When zooming in,
green lines stays very thin, while pins become thicker. For printout
there seems to be a special line width "patch"?

I do understand that zero line width can be useful, i.e. to determine
the smallest possible width of an output device. And zero width will
remain still thin when zoomed in. But I do not understand why this is
really useful for symbol graphics.

For Cairo very this lines vanish, so additional consideration is needed
when drawing symbols...