Re: gEDA-user: Resistor valuesâ

Den 2010-12-24 12:32:36 skrev kai-martin knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

  type e x, or (Edit->Edit Text) select Middle-Middle alignment
  move the alignment mark to the center of the resistor.

I tried that now,since you suggested it. Unfortunately it doesn't work
like I expected: Left seems to mean right, right seems to mean left, upper seems to mean lower and lower seems to mean upper. Upper left seems to be default and everything else takes the text further away from where I want
it.

The description refer to the position of the alignment mark
relative to the text itself. They are not meant as alignment
relative to the box or other objects. You have to move the
Text after you have changed the alignment to middle-middle.
See the step-by step recipe I gave yesterday.

Here it is again, for your convenience:
1) select the text:
     click on the symbol --> The whole symbol gets highlighted
     then click on the text --> only the text is highlighted

2) type [ex] --> edit-text-properties dialog appears
   click on the chooser right of "Alignment"
   choose "Middle Left"
   click "ok"

3) type [m] --> the text is attached to the mouse cursor
   move the mouse so that the text is at the desired position
   left mouse click --> the text detaches from the mouse cursor

---<)kaimartin(>---

I actually figured it out eventually. Thanks for all the help! The âmâ thing was what I was looking for and I also needed to change the grid spacing (pressing â[â once). Now I'd like to save my ânewâ symbol somewhere. I'm not sure how to do that yet, but I think I saw some information about it the other day, so I'm sure to find it again. Should I save it locally (somewhere under ~/) or system wide?

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg