Re: gEDA-user: Resistor valuesâ

Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

> Now I'd like to save my ânewâ symbol somewhere.

If you added the attribute in the schematics (the document
with the title block), you did not create a new symbol. You
just attached an attribute to an instance of the symbol.

To really change and save a symbol, you'd:

1) open the symbol with gschem (rather than open a schematic
and place a symbol)

2) make your changes

3) save to some path

4) Make sure, that this path is read by gschem on start-up.
For example by putting lines like these into your local
$HOME/.gEDA/gafrc

/-----------
; Allow to source symbols from the local copy of geda-symbols
(define gedasymbols "/home/kmk/geda/gedasymbols/www/user/kai_martin_knaak/symbols")
(component-library (build-path gedasymbols "titleblock"))

or more simple like:
(component-library PATH_TO_THE_DIR_WITH_YOUR_SYMBOLS)

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Ãffentlicher PGP-SchlÃssel: