Re: gEDA-user: Resistor values…

On Fri, 2010-12-24 at 12:32 +0100, kai-martin knaak wrote:

> The description refer to the position of the alignment mark
> relative to the text itself.

For gschem 1.6.1 there is still one strange thing, which I mentioned
years ago on this list, and still do not really understand:

If we rotate symbols 180 degree, text is made upright again by special
logic in gschem, so that it may look like the symbol is not rotated at
all. For this invisible rotation, text alignment mark works wrong,
left/right top/bottom is exchanged. This can confuse people.

That may be a problem of patches, we try to get a special behaviour for
a special case, do not see all consequences. May work for a special
case, but give strange results in other cases. So I can understand, that
sometimes developers refuse to accept patches.