Re: gEDA-user: Resistor valuesâ

Den 2010-12-24 13:37:34 skrev Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Fri, 2010-12-24 at 12:43 +0100, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

Now I'd like to save my ânewâ symbol somewhere.

There is not really a reason to save it, because you have only moved the
text around and modified the alignment mark. OK, added a value
attribute. For the current schematic, you can simple make Copies of this
symbol, you only have to change the value if necessary.

Saving symbols or making your own collection is more useful for greater
changes, i.e heavy symbols with footprint attribute and ordering
number... For me, remembering where I have stored such a custom symbol
is not easy, so sometimes I simple copy symbols from existing
schematics.

For me, as a beginner, I think there are reasons. One of them is to learn more about how things work. But your reply is also valuable information for me, and I appreciate that too.

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg