Re: gEDA-user: Resistor valuesâ

Den 2010-12-24 13:20:39 skrev Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Fri, 2010-12-24 at 12:22 +0100, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

I tried that now,since you suggested it. Unfortunately it doesn't work
like I expected: Left seems to mean right, right seems to mean left, upper seems to mean lower and lower seems to mean upper. Upper left seems to be default and everything else takes the text further away from where I want
it.

When you click on the text, and are zoomed in, you will see a little x
mark. That is the text origin.

It could be that the text was initially rotated. Select the text, and
rotate it - either with the edit menu, or "er" short-cut.

Mirrored is also a possibility. "ei".

You should be able to get it back to a sane state where the text anchor
placement matches the description in the edit box.

Actually I just misunderstood the functionality. I though that âupper leftâ means that the text appears above the little âxâ and to the left of it, but it seems like âupper leftâ is the location of the little âxâ rather than the text itself, so âupper leftâ seems to mean that the little âxâ is above the text and to the left of it. Now that I know that, I managed to solve my problem. Thanks all!

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg