Re: gEDA-user: Resistor valuesâ

"Johnny Rosenberg" <gurus.knugum@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Sorry for my ignorance (English is not my main language), but what does
> âfootprintâ mean in this situation? I know the word, just not what it
> means in this caseâ

"Getting Started with PCB" has a list of terms.  I have a copy online
here:

http://www.delorie.com/pcb/docs/gs/gs.html#Terminology

footprint

    A footprint is the pattern on a circuit board to which your parts
    are attached. This includes all copper, silk, solder mask, and paste
    information. In other EDA programs, this may be referred to as a
    âland patternâ. âFootprintâ sometimes is used to refer to a
    footprint file. âFootprintâ refers to the pattern; âelementâ refers
    to the instance. For example, your layout might have four elements
    that use one footprint.