Re: gEDA-user: European symbols?

Am 31.12.2010 16:31, schrieb Stephan Boettcher:

> Maybe your time is better invested by using a small FPGA for whatever
> you want to build, and learn Verilog to express the logic.
>
> Depends how much fun can have from learning such stuff.  A deadline does
> not seem to be your problem.
>
> (It should be possible to draw a gschem schematic, export a verilog
> netlist and upload that to the FPGA too, for parts of the circuit you
> feel more comfortable, but then you'd need to do both, symbols and
> Verilog :-)

Well, sometimes you just need a few gates somewhere, e.g. one of my
boards contains just a 74LS21, a capacitor and an EPROM. Using a FPGA or
even a CPLD would be overkill. While I prefer the "US" symbols even
though I grew up in germany; I know people that prefer other symbol
styles, and if they were there for those that want to use them.

Philipp