Re: gEDA-user: Q : device= attribute promotion

> 	Yeah, the device= attribute is not prompted.  Why?  Well, I was
> under the impression that most people will not want to change it in a
> schematic.  However looks like I'm wrong.  Do people want the ability
> to promote the device= attribute?  I would have to make some changes
> (minor) in gnetlist for it to be picked up.  Comments?

When I instantiate NAND gate with 7400-1.sym, a NAND gate symbol and
text attribute "7400" are displayed.

I have no old 74xx logic devices.

So attaching "74HC00"(usually I use) cause looking like "1" logic
symbol with "2" device name. Of course gnetlist reports "device=74HC00"
but still "7400" displayed in schematic.

And I wrote a perl script which invisible text attribute that have
same value as .sym file name all symbol library. and it success invisible
text "7400".

Is this one of the solution ?
Or should gschem be have separated symbol library each logic family ?

> >#Sorry for my poor English that is not my native language.
>
> 	It looks perfect to me. :-)

Thanks! I had bad grade English lesson in my school days. :-(

--
MIYAMOTO Takanori