Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist in a Makefile

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 10:22:29PM +0100, Carlos Nieves ?nega wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> I think it'd be nice to have the backend returning some value depending
> on the number of errors and warnings, so it would be easy to do that
> kind of tests in Makefiles.
>
> So maybe return a different value for each possible situation:
> 	- No errors.
> 	- Only warnings.
> 	- Errors.

agreed.  Using (error "errorstring") in the scheme code you can
make gnetlist error out with a non-zero error code, but I'm not sure
how to signal to gnetlist that there are warnings and it should return
that.

What do you think of having a command line option which prevents warnings
from giving an error code?

> Using your makefile, you will only run the spice backend if there are no
> errors. The drc2 backend can also raise warnings, and a lazy user will
> not check those if the spice backend was run and no message about
> warnings was printed, so I would print a message warning the user if
> there are warnings.

print the warnings from gnetlist directly or detect them in the makefile?

-Dan