gEDA-user: PCB: problem with edge connector element

Hi list,
  I am using pcb version Jan. 27, 2005 snapshot. I met a problem when
trying to use edge connector element. I created the edge connector
element, and everything looked fine from the ascii file. The connector
has pads on both the component side and the solder side. I place the
element on board, and the ratnests looked fine too. Then I chose the
solder side, chose the line tool, and started to draw a line, with the
starting point on one solder side pad. But It seemed that the software
did not allow me to draw a line as described above. I had no problem
to draw a line from the component side pad. I made a test file with
only two small elements. Please take a look and let me know how to
work around the problem. Thank you very much!
  file attached as a .zip file (4kB only), which includes,
  1. TESTEDGE.sym   the schematic symbol
  2. testedge.sch    the schematic
  3. TESTEDGE     the new library style element file
  4. testedge.prj      project file for gsch2pcb
  5. testedge.net     netlist file generated by gsch2pcb
  6. testedge.pcb    the pcb file
You might want to open testedge.pcb with pcb, then try to draw a line
as I described. Thank you again!

vax, 9000