gEDA-user: PCB: Region based printing?

I've got a layout that I'd like to print to RS-274x but am only interested in a region of the canvas. Resizing the canvas seems clunky as some of my footprints have outlines for mechanical dimensions on the silk layer.

The code in src/print.c creates a bounding box that contains all objects which would imply that the various output drivers are unable to deal with out of bounds points, so simple hacks don't seem likely to work.

Any suggestions? I suppose some post-processing of the gerber output would work but this seems like a problem that PCB should be solving for me.

--
10 40 80 C0 00 FF FF FF FF C0 00 00 00 00 10 AA AA 03 00 00 00 08 00