Re: gEDA-user: PCB: possible thermal fix

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:27:47 -0500
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We could probably get around most of these problems by switching from
> round-end flashes to square-end flashes, as long as we use a +
> orientation instead of a x orientation.  That way the ends of the
> fingers won't have to extend much beyond the edge of the relief flash.
> Or we could use diamond shaped flashes for x orientations.

It would be nice if the software tried all the possibilities according
to the current situation at each thermal case out of a *, but max up to
+ or X. For example sometimes only one line can added, since others
would commit short circuit.

And a question. What do you guys are using when a SMD pad has to be
connected to a POLY? I usually draw lines, but it looks nasty.

Levente

__

Email: levente.kovacs@xxxxxxx
Phone: +41227672276
Fax: +41227678200
Home Page: http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs
Public key: http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs/CERN/public_key

/"\
\ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 X   against HTML email & vCards
/ \     http://arc.pasp.de/

Have Fun, & Linux! 73 for all by HA5OGL.
This message was generated by Sylpheed.