Re: gEDA-user: I do not understand: What is the meaning of the attribute "pinseq"

The purpose of pinseq is for use with "slotted" components.
The classic example is the 7400 nand gate. There is one chip, with four identical gates.

By means of the "slot" attribute and the "pinseq" attribute, the software can know which groups of pins constitute a single gate, and that all the gates are interchangeable.

The pinseq attribute should list the pins for each gate in the same order. For example: input a, input b, output.

If you don't have "slot" then pinseq is not used.

9000 VAX wrote:
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:47:52 +0100, Manfred Eggersdorf