Re: gEDA-user: PCB Gtk port

On Feb 27, 2005, at 7:56 PM, Ales Hvezda wrote:
Since the things left to do on the PCB gtk port are starting to look
more and more like loose ends, I think it's time to give an update
on its status.  Maybe it can now begin to work its way into CVS
and in the meantime I'm giving a tarball link below for anyone
interested in giving it a spin right now.

I build this on my box as well and it worked just fine. Very nifty. PCB using a current widget toolkit is one of the last pieces missing from the suite.

I'm very curious to know if the integration into the existing
code base will coexist with the Xaw GUI or if they are mutually exclusive?

I sure hope it will coexist. I've been working on this non-stop since Bill's original mail went out, as I was quite excited about it. I've jumped through unbelievable hoops but can't get GTK+ v2.6.2 build under Solaris9 on UltraSPARC. Making it *require* GTK+ will effectively make it a Linux-only program.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "I've watched Harley people throw up
Cape Coral, FL                      on the ceiling."    -Krissi