Re: gEDA-user: PCB Gtk port

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 08:00:27PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Feb 27, 2005, at 7:56 PM, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> >>Since the things left to do on the PCB gtk port are starting to look
> >>more and more like loose ends, I think it's time to give an update
> >>on its status.  Maybe it can now begin to work its way into CVS
> >>and in the meantime I'm giving a tarball link below for anyone
> >>interested in giving it a spin right now.
> >
> >	I build this on my box as well and it worked just fine.
> >Very nifty.  PCB using a current widget toolkit is one of the last
> >pieces missing from the suite.
> >
> >	I'm very curious to know if the integration into the existing
> >code base will coexist with the Xaw GUI or if they are mutually
> >exclusive?
>
>   I sure hope it will coexist.  I've been working on this non-stop
> since Bill's original mail went out, as I was quite excited about it.
> I've jumped through unbelievable hoops but can't get GTK+ v2.6.2 build
> under Solaris9 on UltraSPARC.  Making it *require* GTK+ will
> effectively make it a Linux-only program.

I've built GTK+ on Solaris 8 / SPARC, it does work but will require
some thought since the Solaris Xserver doesn't support the same set of
extensions that the Xfree86 server does (Xrender). So you typically
run into trouble building freetype and related stuff though. If this
is your problem let me know and I can help, the Xrender stuff can be
added to Solaris so that add the GTK+ deps can be built.

--
Daniel Nilsson