Re: gEDA-user: PCB Gtk port

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 08:00:27PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

> >	I'm very curious to know if the integration into the existing
> >code base will coexist with the Xaw GUI or if they are mutually
> >exclusive?
>
>   I sure hope it will coexist.  I've been working on this non-stop
> since Bill's original mail went out, as I was quite excited about it.
> I've jumped through unbelievable hoops but can't get GTK+ v2.6.2 build
> under Solaris9 on UltraSPARC.  Making it *require* GTK+ will
> effectively make it a Linux-only program.

Thats why I use NetBSD's pkgsrc on my solaris box.  But seriously,
for those who don't use pkgsrc, gtk apps on solaris can be a pain.
I takes about 50 packages right now to build gEDA on solaris.

I plan on trying to make them coexist.  I have no love for Xaw
but it is lightweight in terms of the dependency list.

-Dan